terms & conditions
In these terms and conditions, the "Company" will mean Modern Wine Cellar Limited and the "Customer" will mean any person, firm, company or body which places an order with the Company. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the site. By using the site or any part of it, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and that you accept and agree to be bound by them.
- It is illegal to sell alcohol to people under the age of 18. By placing an order, the Customer confirms that he/she is 18 years old or above. The Customer shall ensure that no person shall use his/her login to purchase alcohol products and a person aged 18 or above (identification required) must be present to take delivery or delivery shall be withdrawn and attempted at another time agreed.
- The Company shall make every effort to ensure that prices, details and sizes of products on this website are up to date. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and all orders are subject to Company's acceptance at its sole discretion and stock availability.
- The Company shall make every effort to ensure products displayed on the website are in stock. If from time to time products become out of stock, the Company reserves the right to offer alternative product/s to the Customer of similar value and style.
- All orders are subject to confirmation of final availability and Modern Wine Cellar Limited reserves the right to reject the order in the event that any of the products or services requested are unavailable. In the event that we are unable to fulfill any of the products or services in your order we will notify you by phone or email before your requested delivery date.
- You are required to register before placing any order through this website. During the registration:
- You must provide us with accurate, complete and up to date registration information;
- You must safeguard your username and password;
- You authorise us to assume that any person using the site with your username and password is either you or is authorised to act for you;
- The Customer is requested to examine the goods immediately upon delivery for any deficiencies and/or damages. Claims (if any) must be lodged to our customer service hotline +852 2979 2838 at the time of delivery, otherwise we shall have the discretion to refuse your claim after delivery.
- It is the receiver's responsibility to check the condition of any goods received including glassware and accessories, at the time of delivery.
- Refund is only available when valid original receipt is provided and refund guarantee will only be applicable on wine or champagne below HK$750 (per bottle) or less than 10 years old.
- Refund will be credited into Customer's credit card account within 4 weeks upon confirmation.
- No returns shall be made on glassware or accessories after the receiver has acknowledged receipt of the goods.
- In the event that you would like to claim a refund or return, please call our customer service hotline +852 2979 2838 within 7 days from the date of delivery.
- All risks in the products shall pass to the Customer upon delivery but the company shall retain title in the products until full payment has been received.
- The Company shall not be liable for any delay or failure in its performance caused by or resulting from acts of God, fire, flood, accident, riot, war, government intervention, embargoes, strikes, labour difficulties, equipment failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Company.
[II] Payment Terms :
- We accept payment by VISA, MasterCard and Paypal only.
- All product prices listed are in HK dollars.
- To provide secure online commerce transactions, we employ Internet's Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. It encrypts your personal information, including credit card number, name and address, so that it would not be read as the information travels over the Internet. To check SSL Certificate information, you can right click the mouse and choose "Properties" & "Certificates".
- The upper limit of purchase on this website is HK$50,000 per transaction. For any purchase over the value of HK$50,000, please call our customer service hotline +852 2979 2838.
- Your offer to purchase made on www.mwchk.com shall be subject to our sole discretion and may not be accepted subject to the availability of stock. A final and conclusive invoice will be presented to you upon delivery.
- Modern Wine Cellar Limited may from time to time set credit limits for individual customers and Modern Wine Cellar Limited reserves the right to limit sales including the right to decline sales to any customers.
- Modern Wine Cellar Limited reserves the right to change the payment terms for any order without prior notice.
- We offer FREE delivery (single location only) for purchases over HK$2,000 between 10:00am and 9:00pm. For orders under HK$2,000, a delivery charge of HK$150 shall apply.
- We offer next day delivery for orders received on Monday to Friday between 9:00am and 5:00pm. Orders received on Saturdays, Sundays or public holidays will be delivered the day following the next working day.
- The delivery service is available from Monday to Friday between 10:00am and 6:00pm (excluding the first and second days of Chinese New Year).
- Delivery time slot:
- Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, New Territories & Discovery Bay
- Morning delivery: 10:00am to 2:00pm
- Afternoon delivery: 2:00pm to 6:00pm
- Delivery service is limited to Hong Kong, Kowloon and New Territories commercial and residential addresses only. Delivery is not available to outlying islands, restricted areas, hotel guest rooms, ports or marinas. The delivery service to Ma Wan is limited to 10:00am to 4:00pm due to restricted access after 4:00pm.
- Delivery service is not available if there is no authorised or legitimate unloading area within 50 meters of the delivery address.
- Delivery service of five cases or more is only available to addresses of 4th floor or above when lift service is available. In the event of a lift breakdown we will make arrangements to deliver the goods at another time.
- Delivery service will be suspended when typhoon signal No.8 or above or a black rain warning is hoisted. In this event customers will be contacted to re-schedule delivery time.
- We reserve the right to charge an additional delivery fee if the recipient is not available to accept delivery at the nominated delivery time.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to notify Modern Wine Cellar Limited immediately of any change to their delivery address.
- We reserve the right to decline delivery of goods to any customer at our sole discretion absolutely.
- According to Full Implementation of the Plastic Shopping Bag Charging (PSB Charging) by Environmental Protection Department effective from 1 Apr 2015, if customer requests to include any Modern Wine Cellar Limited shopping bag in the delivery, the charge is HK$0.5 each.
Non-pickup / non-delivery
- The Company has the right to charge storages fees for storing the wine in the event that:
- a customer fails to collect the Click & Collect order within 3 days of the selected collection date.
- wine is non-deliverable within two weeks of purchase due to customer's failure to notify the Company of change of address or the Company is otherwise unable to contact customer.
- a customer refuses to take delivery of the wine.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the People's Republic of China and the Customer and Modern Wine Cellar Limited agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts. Modern Wine Cellar Limited may revise these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. If any dispute arises, Modern Wine Cellar Limited's determination shall be final. Where these terms and conditions are available in Chinese, the English version is the governing version and shall prevail whenever there is a discrepancy between the two versions.